When you smile – whether it’s at a job interview, family gathering, or for a selfie – you want to light up the room and send the right message.
A perception study found that almost one-third of Americans look at a smile first when they see someone. In addition, 24% say it’s what they remember most about that person after meeting them.
So … if you have crooked or crowded teeth, it can really affect your self-confidence and what other people think of you.
The good news is that at Park Ridge Dental Associates, we can transform your smile – and how you feel about it – with Invisalign® “clear braces.” Dr. Gaile Cerniauskas and Dr. Brett Anderson are both certified preferred Invisalign providers – meaning they know exactly how to ensure your experience is pleasant, stress-free, and successful.
Fixing your smile without the look of metal braces is possible. You may be wondering how it can be done … well, we’ll get down to the nitty gritty in this blog.
Invisalign has come a long way since it was first introduced in 2007. Nowadays, these custom-made clear aligners can help correct several smile concerns including crowded teeth, overbite, underbite, crossbite, gap teeth, and open bite. To date, more than five million smiles have been transformed with this game-changing technology. Best of all … no one will notice you have anything on your teeth at all during treatment.
Invisalign works because … they fit perfectly over your teeth and apply just the right amount of pressure to shift teeth to where they need to be.
If you’re wondering about getting Invisalign treatment to improve your smile, look no further. Your dentist can help determine if it’s the right treatment for you. Here’s how the process works:
- Your consultation. Your dentist will sit down with you to discuss your smile goals, as well as the cost of treatment.
- Capturing your smile. We will perform a scan to get a 3D image of your smile. We don’t need to use sticky goop anymore! Then we will map out a treatment plan, so you know exactly what to expect and how long it will take to achieve results. At this stage, we can even show you – on-screen – how your new smile will look! The data from the scan will be sent to a large production facility, where your aligners will be made.
- Time to get your aligners. Once your aligners have been manufactured, you will begin wearing them – right away. The average wear time is 20-22 hours per day. You will remove them to eat, brush, and floss.
- Changing aligners. During your transformation journey, your dentist will tell you when to pick up and put on a new set of aligners. This will ensure your teeth move as they should for long-lasting results. Regular checkups will be important to monitor your progress.
- When treatment is complete … your dentist may recommend wearing a Vivera® Also from the makers of Invisalign, this appliance will help keep your smile looking great – years after treatment.
Invisalign could be the best way to straighten your smile … and if it’s something you’ve been considering, now’s the time to get started! A straighter smile isn’t limited to just aesthetic benefits – it’s going to help protect your overall health too. You will reduce your risk for tooth decay and gum disease and find it easier to clean your teeth.
Find out if Invisalign is perfect match for you. Contact us for a consultation – your Park Ridge dentist would love to hear from you!